We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
If the pig is slaughtered, it is also necessary to prepare homemade caltabosi. It is prepared from organs, meat, rice and onions. Otherwise, some spices and ready. Their secret is the ratio between drier entrails and fatter meat. Honestly, I haven't heard much about caltabosi, but only about cartabosi and calbaji - as they say here in the Transylvania area.
How to prepare the best caltabosi
Wash the mats well to remove excess salt.
Finely chop the onion and fry it with a little oil in a small bowl for 30 seconds. Then add a little salt and let the onion boil until all the juice is left.
Wash the rice and mix it with the beef and pork. Then add the chopped onion and tomato juice and mix well. Salt and pepper the meat to taste.
Fill the mats with the prepared meat. Tie their ends with string so that the filling does not boil. Prick the caltabos from place to place with a toothpick. This will prevent them from exploding when boiled.
Peel the carrots, celery, parsnips and onions. Put the caltabos in a pot, add the vegetables and spices and fill the pot with water. Let them boil for an hour. You can check it to see if it is ready by pricking it with a fork at one end. If it enters the mat easily, it means that it is ready. Instead, if the mat is still hard, let it boil until it softens. Don't forget that the mat boils the hardest.
- 1.5 kg of fresh pork liver
- 1 kg pork (lean meat)
- 1 kg white onion
- thin sausage mats
Boil the liver for about 1 hour and be sure to remove the foam that forms on the surface. Then remove and cut into small pieces.
Separately, cut the pork as small as possible and cook it in a little water until it penetrates well. Always stir so as not to stick to the pan. When it is almost ready, place the large chopped onion over the meat and stir continuously. If necessary, add a little more water so that it does not stick to the pan.
After the meat is well penetrated and the onion has hardened, they are mixed with the boiled liver. Then the composition is left to cool.
The mixture thus obtained is passed through the mincer, twice in a row, in order to obtain a finer composition.
Salt and pepper are added to the composition to taste, as well as a little thyme given through a sieve. The mixture is introduced into the sausage mats, to obtain caltabosii. They are rotated and tied at the ends with thread.
Then put a pot of water on the fire and in it a metal sieve, immersed in water. A caltabos wheel is placed in the sieve, in boiling water, for two minutes each. Then pass the caltabos through a stream of cold water and place on a paper towel to cool.
Preparation of pork (II) - caltaboşi, drum and homemade liver pate
- Preparation of pork (II) (Maria Baciu / Epoch Times) Preparation of pork (II)
- Preparing meat, fat and organs for cooking (Maria Baciu / Epoch Times) Preparing meat, fat and organs for cooking
- For caltobosi and pâté harden finely chopped onion (Maria Baciu / Epoch Times) For caltobosi and pateu quince finely chopped onion
- Preparation of caltaboş: after boiling, we cut the cooked meat and organs into pieces (Maria Baciu / Epoch Times) Preparation of caltaboş: after boiling, we cut into pieces the cooked meat and organs
- Preparation of caltaboş: we add onion and bacon from boiled goose (Maria Baciu / Epoch Times) Preparation of caltaboş: we add onion and bacon from boiled goose
- Preparing the caltaboş: chopping the ingredients using a thick sieve (Maria Baciu / Epoch Times) Preparing the caltaboş: chopping the ingredients using a thick sieve
- Caltaboşii are ready to boil (Maria Baciu / Epoch Times) Caltaboşii are ready to boil
- The Caltabos are now ready to serve. Can be matched with seasonal pickles. Good appetite! (Maria Baciu / Epoch Times) The Caltabos are now ready to serve. Can be matched with seasonal pickles. Good appetite!
- Preparation of homemade pate: lean meat, boiled bacon and liver cut into suitable pieces (Maria Baciu / Epoch Times) Preparation of homemade pâté: lean meat, boiled bacon and liver cut into suitable pieces
- Homemade pate preparation: after grinding, add salt, pepper, pomegranate and nutmeg (Maria Baciu / Epoch Times) Homemade pate preparation: after grinding, add salt, pepper, pomegranate and nutmeg
- Pate paste in the final form (Maria Baciu / Epoch Times) Pate paste in the final form
- Preparing the drum: the tongue, the mouse, the meat, cooked cut into strips (Maria Baciu / Epoch Times) Preparing the drum: the tongue, the mouse, the meat, cooked cut into strips
- Drum, after being kept cold to coagulate (Maria Baciu / Epoch Times) Drum, after being kept cold to coagulate
- Drum prepared to be served with seasonal pickles, horseradish or mustard, according to preference (Maria Baciu / Epoch Times) Drum prepared to be served with seasonal pickles, horseradish or mustard, according to preference
After we have prepared the sausages, let's take care of the caltaboşi, homemade liver pate and drum.
To prepare the caltabos, we will have to equip ourselves with a large pot of about 30-40 liters, to be sure that the ingredients have enough room for boiling.
Ingredients for sausages:
- 1.5 kg of meat left over from shaping, leg, or pork head
- 1 kg of organs (heart, tongue, kidneys, lungs)
- 1.5 kg of pork liver
- 2 kg of bacon from the neck
- pieces of rind (according to everyone's preference)
- 500 gr onion
- 10 g ground pepper
- 30- 40 g of salt
- 5 g grated nutmeg
- 4-5 bay leaves (optional)
- 15-20 peppercorns
- 10 m mats bought commercially
For drum, we add:
- 1 kg of tender meat on the back
- 2 kg pork head
- 1 kg of mice and
- 1 kg pork tongue
For homemade liver pate we need the following:
- 2 kg liver
- 2 kg lean meat
- 2 kg of neck fat
- 1 kg of onions
- 20 g of salt
- 15 g ground pepper
- nutmeg and enibahar to taste
How to prepare al Caltabosi:
I've discovered since childhood that homemade pâté doesn't compare to what you find in the trade. Besides the fact that it carries in it the sweetness of past memories, it is also incredibly tasty.
- First put the water to boil, toss the peppercorns and bay leaves on top.
- When the water boils, add the meat, heart, tongue, kidneys, lungs and spleen all boil over low heat, taking care to froth from time to time.
- After an hour of boiling, add the bacon.
- After another half hour of boiling, remove the lid of the pot and add the liver. We do not add it from the beginning, because if it boils too much it hardens too much, it will have a bitter taste and lose all its goodness.
- Meanwhile, clean the onion, cut it into small pieces and fry it in lard or oil.
- After the organs, the meat and the bacon have boiled well, we will take them out of the pot with the help of a polisher with holes and we will put them to cool in a basin.
- After they have cooled, we separate the meat from the bones, then we give everything through the meat grinder.
- If we intend to make a drum, we will put aside a few pieces of heart, ears, kidneys, tongue and some tender meat on the back. We will not give them through the mincer, but we will cut them into thin slices. We also save a liter of the juice obtained from boiling.
- We prepare the ready-cleaned intestines (they are commercially available and are quite good).
- Filling the shoes is a delicate operation. If you suddenly crank, you will end up with a broken shoe.
- The calabash will be threaded to the ends and pricked here and there with a needle to remove air from inside.
- We will place 5-6 caltabos in a gauze cloth and we will boil them for about 10-15 minutes in the juice left from the boiling of the pork organs.
- After boiling, the caltabos are spread on a clean wooden board and left to cool.
- Once they have cooled enough, we will take them to the cold.
To make drum, in the absence of the stomach or bladder, we will use some thicker mats, bought commercially.
- We take the tongue, half of the heart, the kidneys, the lean pork (liver if we like) and the ready-cut pork ears into thin slices, and we put them in the mat, together with the juice (until the total filling), using a funnel with wider pipe.
- After filling, tie the drum to the ends with harder thread) and take it to the cold pantry.
- After the juice is set, the drum is ready to eat. If you want, you can smoke.
I discovered since childhood that homemade pate it doesn't even compare to what you find in the trade. Besides the fact that it carries in it the sweetness of past memories, you don't feel any taste of chemicals, it is also incredibly tasty, especially when you enjoy it with cucumbers or pickles.
Moldavian caltabos or Moldavian chisca it is part of the traditional recipes that are made for Christmas, it has various recipes, depending on the area or the housewife and it is simply absolutely delicious!
In some areas it is made only from pork, in other areas organs are added, I have seen it made with and without broth, with rice or corn groats (mashed, corn). All are very tasty & # 128578
We have old recipes for pork chops prepared by simple methods. It seems unbelievable that among the ingredients you find raisins or apples
Caltabos, those products prepared from offal, are rich in calories, vitamins and minerals. Their disadvantage is that they cannot be stored for a longer time, which is why they do not have to be made in larger quantities.
Traditional House Slippers
Today we will do Caltaboși. In my family we always make them according to this recipe. Caltabos come out very well seasoned and flavorful. Homemade sausages are not only fresh, but they also taste much better and we know exactly what they contain.
1.5 kg of mice
1 pork head cut in half, without duck
2 kg of pork liver
In a larger pot put the head and the mouse to boil. Put cold water until the meat is covered. Let the meat simmer for 4-5 hours until it comes off the bone.
When the meat is cooked, take it out of the pot and let it cool a bit.
Put the liver in the same water in which the meat was boiled and cook it for about 30-40 minutes, or until we stick a toothpick and no blood comes out. We take it out of the boil.
Patiently loosen the meat from the bone of the head.
Now we're going to grind the meat. In the meat mincer, alternately add meat from the head, liver and rind, until we finish chopping it all.
Ingredients for making caltabos:
about 10 meters of sausage mats
boiled and minced meat that I made earlier
2 larger heads of garlic that I gave through the grater
salt and pepper to taste, about 4-5 tablespoons of each
400 ml of the liquid in which the meat was boiled
2 tablespoons paprika
In a larger bowl put the minced meat, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic and the liquid in which the meat was boiled. We mixed everything very well by hand for a few minutes.
We fill the sausage making machine with this mixture. We take a piece of mat and tie it with thread. We put it on the sausage making machine and fill it, then we tie it at the other end with the same thread. We continue to do the same until we finish the whole composition. I made 10 meters of caltabos.
In the same water in which we boiled the meat we will boil the caltabos, but first we add about 300 ml of cold water, to cool the liquid a little. If we put the caltabos directly in boiling water, it would crack.
We put the caltabos in the water and leave them on the fire just enough to boil. Then we turn off the heat and let it sit for another 30 minutes.
Remove the caltabos from the water in which they boiled in a bowl of cold water. We wash them a little of the fat on them, then leave them on a tray to cool. I let them sit overnight in a cool place.
Look how good the next day looks! The caltabouses hardened and I was able to cut the perfect slices. They taste great. I love to eat them with both mustard and apples.
1 kg chicken wings, 100 ml soy sauce, 2 teaspoons honey, 3 tablespoons vinegar, 3 cloves garlic, pepper, salt, oil
600 g flour, a cube of yeast, salt, a cup of warm water, onions
green, 2 bundles of dill, 500 g bellows cheese (sheep), oil for fried.
The tastiest caltaboş recipe. To make it work, you have to do it!
The tastiest caltaboş recipe. To make it look perfect, you have to do it!
Caltabos is a specialty prepared from pork entrails. Unlike lebar, caltabos also contains different entrails and rice, and the recipes differ from one region of the country to another. The secret for a special taste is given by the choice of spices and the balance between the pork organs and the fat it contains.
Here are the necessary ingredients: 2.5 kilograms of pork offal (liver, kidneys, spleen, heart) 250 grams of pork fat 700 grams of white onions 1 large cup of rice 4 bay leaves 1 clove of cleaned garlic 1 tablespoon grated nutmeg ground 1 tablespoon grated allspice beans ground 100 grams of lard well washed washed black pepper salt ground pepper 1 tablespoon ground peppercorns.
1. For starters, wash all entrails thoroughly with plenty of cold water.
2. Boil a large pot in which you add the bay leaves, 2-3 tablespoons of salt, garlic cloves and a tablespoon of peppercorns. Then the pork organs and the meat are boiled, all cut into large pieces. They must be cooked over low heat.
3. After boiling until well penetrated, the organs should be removed from the pot and left to cool. However, the juice is kept warm.
4. The rice should be washed in cold water and browned in two tablespoons of lard, until it becomes glassy. Then quench with two and a half cups of the juice in which he boiled the meat. Bring the rice to a boil, then make a small fire and let it boil for another 10 minutes, covered with a lid. At the end, let it cool completely.
5. Finely chop the onion and brown in the remaining lard.
6. Boiled pork and offal are passed through the mincer.
7. Place the minced meat in a very deep bowl and mix well with the onion. Add the ground pepper, allspice and nutmeg. Knead well by hand and add boiled rice, then season with salt to taste.
8. Fill the mats with this composition, tie them at the end and put them to boil in the water in which they boiled the organs, over a very low heat, for 10 minutes, writes bzi.ro.
9. After boiling, remove the caltabos from the water and let it drain, then put it in the cold or smoke it to keep it well.
Homemade caltaboşi: traditional recipe
Also known as chişcă, these homemade caltabos are among the dishes that were not missing from the table as a child, during the winter holidays. I took the recipe tested and appreciated by the guests who crossed the threshold of the house, as well as by the family. Here are the steps you need to take to prepare homemade warmers!
Ingredients for homemade warmers:
2 cups rice
2 cups with scallops + 200 grams of chopped liver or 1/2 kilogram of minced pork
2-3 pieces of pork intestine of 30-40 centimeters cleaned, washed and kept for a few hours in water with a little vinegar
freshly ground black pepper
spices (bay leaves, allspice berries)
4-5 cups hot water
2-3 tablespoons of lard or oil
5 steps to prepare homemade warmers:
1. Peel an onion, finely chop it and brown it in a pan in which you have added hot oil. Add the rice, let it harden for another 1-2 minutes, then add the hot water.
2. Mix well, boil the composition for a few minutes to boil, then allow to cool. Add the minced meat, 2 chopped bay leaves, salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
3. If necessary, add more hot water until you get the consistency of a flowing cream. Fill each intestine about 3 quarters, because it increases the composition when boiled.
4. Tie tightly at both ends and put in boiling water to boil with salt, bay leaves and allspice berries. Leave to boil for 2 hours on low heat. Do not sting or walk with a spoon in the pot, so as not to break. When they are ready, they are carefully removed.
5. Serve well browned in lard or oil, with sauerkraut salad and childhood memories spent with parents.