We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
In one plate we add flour, in another plate we add breadcrumbs.
In a bowl beat eggs with spices to taste.
We cut the mozzarella sticks about 1 cm thick.
We moisten them a little with water, we pass them through flour, egg and breadcrumbs.
We place them in a tray lined with baking paper and put them in the freezer for about 3 hours (I left them overnight)
Heat the oil well and fry the sticks for about 1 minute on both sides.
We take them out on an absorbent napkin.
They are very good and hot and cold with a garlic sauce or ketchup
Mozzarella bread - Recipes
This is how it could be explained, in short, suppli. A nice Italian aperitif whose name seems to come from the Italianization of French surprise. Now, whether or not they are of transalpine origin these surprise croquettes it's harder to say, because they're pretty much related to the Sicilians orange or with wafers rice balls. But, in the end, there is no point in insisting too much in this direction, it is better to get to work, to see better what it is about.
For about 18-20 slender you need
300 g of rice,
625 ml of clear bird soup,
125 ml dry white wine,
90 g mozzarella,
30 g butter,
1 small onion,
1 point of saffron knife,
1 tablespoon parmesan,
salt and pepper.
First the preliminary preparations: clean and chop the onion, grate the Parmesan cheese, beat the eggs (not too hard) and heat the soup.
Heat half the butter in a saucepan with a thick bottom and sauté the onion until it becomes translucent and begins to turn slightly yellow. Add the rice and mix thoroughly so that, as far as possible, each grain is well greased.
Quench with wine and half the soup, add the saffron and bring to a boil, stirring. When the liquid is almost gone, add the rest of the soup, reduce the heat and continue cooking until the rice has absorbed all the liquid (about a quarter of an hour).
Turn off the heat, add the remaining butter and Parmesan cheese. When the preparation has cooled, add the eggs, stirring gently with a fork.
Take about 1 tablespoon of the composition, add a piece of mozzarella and cover with another tablespoon of rice. Shape the croquettes to your liking (cylinders or spheres), making sure that the cheese is perfectly covered, and then roll them in breadcrumbs. Fry them in an oil bath until nicely browned.
Remove the paper towels (or napkins), peel off the excess oil, and serve these croquettes immediately, plain (in white) or with sauce ragu (fleshy).
Secrets? Well, I already think you've noticed that the boiling liquid of rice is a very important element, as it probably doesn't hurt to remind you that, as with any pané, a stage in the fridge for a few hours before frying. it is even indicated that the breadcrumbs are better fixed. Plus you can cook them in advance, and fry them just a little before calling people to dinner.
As for the supple variants, greens sometimes intervene through these croquettes (spinach, First), ribs, mushrooms or green peas. And the original recipe said it was like sauce ragu to be made with chicken entrails, not minced meat.
Suppli being an appetizer, of course the wine in the glasses will be white and refreshing, to fight well with the toast. It's like I'd say Italian Riesling, but it's not necessarily that these croquettes are pretty friendly.
MOZZARELLA BREAD BARS
Mix breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese in a large plate, put flour in another plate and beat eggs in a bowl.
We cut mozzarella sticks about 1 finger thick, we moisten them a little and we give them first flour, then through egg, then through the mixture of breadcrumbs and parmesan.
If you want you can repeat the operation, give them again through the egg and then breadcrumbs, to have a thicker crust.
We put them on a tray on baking paper and put them in the freezer for about 2-3 hours (we can freeze them for 2-3 days).
After 2-3 hours, heat the oil well and fry the sticks, over high heat, for 1 minute on each side.
The oil must be well heated, so that the mozzarella does not come out in the oil.
We serve them, preferably warm (but they are good and cold) with ketch-up or a dip in yogurt + garlic.
Cheese bread simple recipe that does not fail
Cheese bread simple recipe that does not fail. How to make bread cheese that does not flow into the pan? A beloved, simple kind that still gives a lot of headaches to housewives. Many people order it at the restaurant because they fail to prepare it at home. It soaks in oil, it explodes in the pan, it doesn't melt the cheese & # 8211 a series of problems that make some people order breaded cheese at the restaurant, forgetting that it can be made at home. I love everything that contains cheese, obviously breaded cheese.
Therefore, over the years I have experimented with various methods of preparing breaded cheese so that I can make it at home. And I stopped at this procedure by which it neither exploded nor soaked in oil.
You can also successfully use pieces of mozzarella, well drained whey or fresh homemade slices if you follow this recipe & # 8211 see here.
My favorite assortments of cheese are trapist, tilsit or gouda & # 8211 all 3 are perfect for this recipe.
A Little Bit More - Live Blogs
First 4 ingredients bullet points are for garlic butter, which was surprisingly low stress and tasty but feel free to just buy premade. The next 6 bullet points are for the caramelized balsamic onions, then there are 2 ingredients for pizza dough and cheese to top the pizza.
You can use any pizza dough for this, I have an extended recipe at the bottom, don't just buy a premade pizza base though, the dough is pretty important for a delicious pizza.
If you want to make a gorgeous plain garlic bread pizza, leave out the onions and just spread garlic butter onto the dough, then cover it in mozzarella, bake for around 8-10 minutes at 220C / 430F.
- 2-4 cloves of fresh garlic
- 100g or 1/2 cup of butter (salted or unsalted)
- Salt to taste (I used about 1 / 2tsp), black pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2-3 medium sweet onions, I just used frozen presliced red onions to save time, it still tasted great
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Black pepper to taste
- 60-100ml balsamic vinegar (0.25-0.5 cups)
- 2.5 tablespoons sugar (you can use less, I like it quite sweet)
- 1.5 cups self raising flour (Substitute 1.5cups of plain / all-purpose flour, 1.5 teaspoons baking powder, 3/4 teaspoon salt)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 125g mozzarella, 50-150g grated mild cheese (I used cheddar)
- Start by making the caramelized onions unless you are making the inconvenient pizza dough (do the dough first in that case), once the onions have been reduced to low heat you can chop / mince the garlic then go relax for 15 mins.
- After that do the dough / garlic butter in any order, then divide the dough into small fist sized pieces, and roll it out into a pizza shape via rolling pin or press with your fingers (I do around 10 inch pizzas, quite thinly).
- When the onions are almost ready, you can start preheating the oven, I do 220 C / 428F with a fan assisted oven.
- You then spread the garlic butter evenly on the pizza base, distribute the onions (you don’t actually need a lot to get the amazing flavor), then put blobs of mozzarella evenly around on top of the onions, and the grated cheese as well, depending on how cheesy you want it.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 9-10 mins, use your good judgment on how brown you want the crust.
- I kept the bowl I made the garlic butter in and then used that as a dip which was good but quite sharp.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan/ skillet on medium heat (I used 6 on my 1-9 hob). put the onions in the frying pan and season with approx 1 / 2tsp salt and pepper.
- Once the onions are a little softer and can be stirred easily, mix the sugar in, then the balsamic vinegar, stir again.
- Reduce heat to low (2-3 on my hob) and let the onions cook slowly, stir every so often (I did it about every 10-15 mins) for about an hour or until the vinegar has all reduced and is sticking to the onions. This can just be left on a low heat past the hour mark, or can be set aside / refrigerated.
- Mix 1.5 cups of self raising flour with 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt (cheap stuff will work fine, just not Greek imitation), if you have one you can use an electric stand mixer.
- Once they're combined, knead dough for 5-8 minutes depending on whether you're using a mixer or by hand, add flour as needed. It should be smooth and slightly elastic. This can then be rolled out into a pizza shape and cooked straight away, it doesn't need to rise which is fab!